Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Dayz of Summer

Another week is almost gone. Getting closer to the start of school-yea!!!! This is a good thing, because the kids are really starting to get restless hanging out around the house. The big girls have had zoo camp this week. It occupies them from 8:00am-12:00pm. Rachel is not old enough to go yet, so she hangs with me. They have really seemed to enjoy it, despite the fact that Leah declared it was "boring" thirty seconds after walking into her classroom. Thank goodness it only last a week, because Leah's interest is quickly waning. She started with her school year whine of, "I am too tired to go" last night. I told her "Well, then you can just stay home!" Who knew that she would think that was a good idea. So, this morning I had to convince her that it was going to be fun and that she needed to go (and not waste all the money I paid!)

It appears that we now live in a rainforest. It has been raining everyday for the last month or so. The sun is out during the early part of the day, but anytime after lunch you risk getting wet. It started raining before lunch today. The little pond behind our house was a couple of feet below it's normal level a month ago, but it is now full to the top. The rain really eats into the swim time! Today the kids put on their swimsuits just in time to hear thunder. They had to sit and wait a while for that cloud to blow over. Then they got in the pool, only to have to get out twenty minutes later when we heard thunder again. Now that we haven't heard thunder for sometime now, they are asking to get back in again. Ugggh.....I am so ready for school to be back in session. Did I mention that I have three of the neighbor kids over too, for a total of six kids! Where do they get all that energy?

Mike is on his way to Oshkosh, WI in a little private plane. He is going up there to the airshow for work. It is a short trip and he is flying himself, so I am sure he is going to be worn out when it is over. I hope the weather is good for him. The last trip he made, the weather stranded him on the last leg of his trip. He was supposed to drop off the plane he was flying in Boston, but ended up having to leave it in Pittsburgh to get home in time for the surgery I had.

It has now been three hours since I started this post, but with lifeguarding duties, serving snacks, etc., I have yet to complete it. Now I have sat back down at the computer, Rachel is bringing me food from the kitchen (ice cream, to be exact), so I better get this wrapped up and feed the kids some dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Tracy! XO :) Thanks for the bloggin'
    I don't know how you do it. This has been great for feeling like you guys live one block over.
    Tell Mikie to be safe. Tell Leah to stop and smell the roses. Tell Rachel that we all applaud ice cream for dinner. And tell Allison that her doppelganger (Auntie Rose) misses her tons.

    ReplyDelete