Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama

This holiday weekend we actually took a family to trip. This past Friday, we pulled the kids out of school, loaded up the family van, and headed to Huntsville, AL for a little family vacation. It is not such a terrible trip, even though it does take 12 hours each way. We were able to get together with lots of friends, their spouses, and their kids. This made for a total of 22 people at times. Saturday we all got together for the Alabama vs. Clemson game. Sunday all 22 of us headed out to Lake Guntersville on three boats (and a floating condo) for a day tubing, skiing, and just hanging out. It was a great trip! The girls and I arrived home around 5:30pm, but Mike had to be dropped off at the Orlando airport on the way home so that he could be in Boston at 8:00am Wednesday morning. I know he is so tired about now. After missing two days of school, the girls were none too happy to get out of bed this morning and get back to the routine. I am not quite back to the routine either. I have lots of laundry to catch up on, but maybe I will do that tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of kids!! I cannot believe how much Fred's daughter looks like him. Put a wig on him and you couldn't tell a difference! And I am shocked at how old everyone else is getting. Glad that is not happening to me and you.

    ReplyDelete