Sunday, July 26, 2009

Recovering

We have been so lazy this week. Amazing how much a "vacation" can take out of you! Just getting the basics done around the house has been all I could manage. I guess I didn't totally manage that, though, because I never got around to folding the kids clothes. At least I got them washed! It was Thursday before I finally got to the grocery store to restock the pantry........I put it off as long as I could.

Friday, I took all the girls to see Ice Age 3 in 3D. I know it has been out a while, but that meant that we did not have to fight the crowds. There were probably only 12 people in the theater. The new 3D movie "G Force" was released that day, so everyone was watching that one. We might go in a few weeks to see that. I so hate to go to the movies and fork out a small fortune-Friday we had four free passes, so I only had to pay for one person-so we don't go very often and this was our first 3D movie. Sad, isn't it? The big girls liked it, but Rachel would not keep those big glasses on, so she watched the whole movie without the glasses. I bet she is wondering why we paid to see a blurry movie. She seemed to enjoy it though after I convinced her to uncover her eyes. I think the sound is just too loud for her in a theater.

We did not make it to the water park this weekend. It turns out Allison's friend was spending the weekend with her stepfather, not us. We did not know that until midday on Friday. Allison was really bummed about that, but we decided to wait until a later date, get a sitter for Rachel and head to the park closer to Allison' birthday. Rachel is just too small to go on any of the slides.

Allison's friend came back today to spend Sunday and Monday night with us before she moves on to another friend's house. The girls just spent the last hour out in the pool. Unfortunately, when we got back from vacation the pool was green, and Mike has been working all week to fix it. That has resulted in all the chemicals being way off and it has kept the girls out of the pool for most of the past week. Today, the chlorine was finally down, but the pH was off. I let the girls get in, but since Rachel opens her eyes underwater every time she goes under, she did not last long. After about 15 minutes, I had to take her out because her eyes were getting really red. The big girls were able to swim a while, because they used goggles or kept their eyes closed in the water.

Well, I guess I have to get back into the swing of things this week. I postponed a few appointments last week, so now this I have to face the music and get back on the road this week. We have to drive to Orlando on Tuesday for Rachel's ST. The girls HATE going, but they have not choice but to tag along. This afternoon, Allison brought Rachel's glasses to me. It looks like she stepped on them, ugh. Now that means a trip to the eye doctor too, to get them back into shape. I think it is all my fault too. I remember taking them off to change her out of her Sunday dress, and I must have left them in the floor. Bummer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment