Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Odds and Ends

I keep sitting down to post, but something always gets in the way. So...here I sit with lots of little things that I need to put on here and little time to do it. I am determined to get something posted today, if it is the last thing I do before I go to bed! Let's see now......where to start?

Let's just start with Allison. Today is her 11th birthday! I went to her school today and ate lunch with her and took cookies for her to hand out to her classmates. She already got her birthday present. The first of August she decided she had outgrown her Tinkerbell bedroom and wanted something different. She scoured (or shall I say, she got me to scour) the internet and found something she liked. We ordered it and it arrived August 6th. Needless to say she could not wait to put it on her bed that very day. So, now she is asking if she is getting anything else.........go figure!
The comforter is covered in flowers and peace signs. Right now, if it has a peace sign on it, Allison loves it! You cannot tell in the picture, but it actually has some green in it that matches the color already on the walls, which is a good thing.

Leah has been begging for a pet for quite some time now. Well, Allison got a hamster in February, so I can honestly say Leah has been begging for the last six months. They recently saw a tortoise in a pet store and started focusing all of their energy on that. Well, as of Sunday, Leah is now the proud owner of a African Spurred Tortoise. I am a pitiful excuse for a mother.....but I have to say in my defense he is an awfully cute little guy.
Turns out this little guy can live to be over 100 years old and will grow to weigh about 100lbs. We should just call him the "century tortoise", I suppose. I know, I know....what was I thinking?!? Apparently I was not. Anyway, we have a cute little tortoise for now, and we will have to take Leah in to see the lawyer soon to draw up her will for this tortoise!

Rachel has now been in kindergarten a week. On Monday, she started riding the bus home in the afternoons. That is really nice for me. The bus drops her off right at our driveway, and the aide from Rachel's classroom rides with her. I still take her to school in the mornings. I just need to see with my own eyes that she got there and got into her class okay.
Here Rachel is getting off the bus on her first bus ride home from school. She was more happy to see the neighbor's dog than she was to see me!
I guess that is it for the moment. I have been working on this for 2 1/2 hours (actually, most of the time I have been getting the kids their snacks and getting them started on homework) and this is as far as I can get. It appears I need to go into the other room now and do my 5th grade math homework. Glad I am already finished with my second grade and kindergarten homework! Does anybody remember the difference between associative and communicative properties? I can hardly remember how to spell them, let alone remember what they are!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Allison, and Oh, I LOVE all the pictures! Now that they are all in school, take some time out for yourself, too.
    f.

    ReplyDelete