Saturday, October 20, 2012

Roughin' It

In September we bought a camper trailer.  Mike loves to go camping and has been dragging me (kicking and screaming!) tent camping once a year for the last couple of years.  The kids love it too, but no matter how hard I tried, I could just not get into the camping spirit.  It always seemed like such a chore!  Last month we decided we would buy a camper so that we could go camping without it being so difficult.  We have already gone camping twice, and I must say, it is so much nicer camping with a few of the amenities of home.  I think I most enjoy having a bathroom, but the refrigerator is a very close second.  The air conditioner is a nice touch too.  Last weekend, the girls had a three day weekend, so we headed over to the west coast of Florida.  It was a nice trip!  Lots of things to do.  We went kayaking and saw a small group of manatee and four raccoons.  It seemed there was a fish jumping out of the water every five seconds and there were birds everywhere!  The cousins got to come down Saturday and spend the night, so the girls had a great time hanging out with them.  The camper site was within site of the playground, so Rachel spent a lot of her time there.  I really need to teach that girl how to swing herself!  
 
The new camper!
 
 

Rachel plays in the "surf."  I love the Gulf of Mexico!  It is not rough like it is over here on the Atlantic side of the state.

 

The west coast allows for some beautiful sunsets.  I am sure we have beautiful sunrises over here on the east side, but I am never at the beach at sunrise!


Leah practices here cartwheels.


Rachel rehydrates after a round of swinging and sliding.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment