Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Break!!!

The girls are so happy to be out of school for a few weeks. I am so happy that I don't have to try to drag them out of bed for two weeks and that I don't have to crack the whip on homework for a while. The girls have been REALLY dragging the last week or so and really needed a break. I have to say I have not been much better.

Rachel has a new habit..........she is getting up at 4:30 in the morning!! That makes for some long days! I have gotten her to go back to bed, but by the time I have her settled, I am wide awake and it is almost time for me to get up, so I am up for the day. This morning she decided to sleep in until 5:30am. I guess she figured since it was the weekend.........I hope she does not do this through the Winter Break!! I was wide awake after she got me up this morning, so I just decided to stay up. So much for getting to sleep in.

Another busy week has come and gone. After Leah's party on Tuesday, I volunteered in Allison class on Wednesday morning, and Friday morning was Allison's party. The kids in her classroom had to present their "Holidays Around The World" projects that they had been working on. During the week, the kids had to make their presentations for the teacher. On Friday, they had to bring in a food from that country and serve it to the parents who came in for the party. The kids did a really good job. You can see Allison below serving her "Anzac Biscuits" from Australia. We had no idea what we were making....the recipe was called "Anzac Biscuits(cookies)" I expected them to look something like biscuits, but they really spread out when they baked and became REALLY flat. I have no idea if we screwed up or not! They tasted okay though.

In between running to the school almost every day this past week, I was trying to get a few errands done. It seemed that I was in the car more than I was at home! Yesterday, we took Rachel to her horseback riding, ran two errands and came home. The weather was beautiful, so the girls had a picnic (no fort this weekend, though) and spent the afternoon playing outside. Rachel and I went outside for a while. I am still trying to get her to figure out how to pedal the tricycle. Right now, I am pushing and she is saying, "no, no, no." Maybe one day. After the practice on the tricycle, I put her in the seat on the big bike and took her riding around the neighborhood. She really likes to do that. I would too, since it requires no work!!

Today after church, we are supposed to load up and go to Grandpa's for a visit. I keep sending Mike up there with the girls and I stay here to get things done, so I really should go this time.....but I have so much that I really need to do, and need to do without the girls, that I need to stay here. I am not sure what I am going to do, yet. Since the girls are out of school we will be able to spend the night and come home on Monday after dropping Grandpa off at the airport for his Christmas trip to Vermont. I hope the weather does not interfere with his flight!!

We are very sad to say that Allison's best friend has now moved to Wisconsin. She left at dawn on Friday morning. We are going to miss her!!!! She is such a sweet little girl. I kept trying to talk her mom into leaving her here, but just couldn't do it. We are hoping that they have had a safe trip up there, considering the weather there right now it just terrible!!! Allison told her to send us some snow pictures each week. It looks like there will be plenty of snow to take pictures of!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment