Friday, June 26, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama

Just got home last night about 10:00pm from a trip home to Dad's. My sister and her girls went with us so it was two mommies and five kids. Lots of fun, but we are really tired today!!! It was nice, but HOT. Did I say it was HOT.......well, I cannot emphasize how HOT it was. Makes for some long days when the girls are bored and want to go out and play. We were out in the heat every day! On Saturday, we had a family reunion with my mom's family. I saw family I had not seen in twenty years. The rest of the week was spent hanging out at Daddy's house. The girls found the lawn mowers were fun to drive, and they nearly rode the wheels off of them. I told Dad that next year to just wait until we get there and let the girls cut the grass....should put an end to the "fun" really quick. There were a few run-ins with the fence and a few trees, but I think everyone and everything survived. The last day we were there we took the girls on a tour of the town. It was fun to show the girls where we used to live and go to school and where we used to play. They said that we knew something about every place there........easy to do when it is so small. The kids kept saying how bored they were, but they still seemed to enjoy the sightseeing. It was good to get visit in Alabama, but I think it was even better to get back home last night after a twelve hour car ride!!! I slept like a log last night! We are going to take it easy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment