Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The long summer days have given the girls lots of time in the pool. Here Leah shows of her newest trick. It is amazing that she can do that. I am not sure if you can tell in the video, but she is doing sort of a corkscrew into the water.

Rachel is continuing to improve her swimming skills. She still makes me nervous just hanging out in the middle of the pool, but she seems to enjoy it (That is, until a wave slaps her in the face and she chokes). I am always telling her to swim back over to the side. She is really enjoying following the big girls around the pool this summer and trying to do what they are doing. Allison and Leah have tried to talk Rachel into attempting a dive, but without much luck. I guess the following only goes so far!

This is our last week of being bums. We were actually supposed to take Rachel over to her speech therapist in Orlando, today, but the therapist had a change of plans at the last minute. They said we could still come and see another therapist, but I really prefer to see Beckman because she is the therapist who created the oral motor protocol. If I am driving an hour and a half, I am going to see the her. Anyway, that was postponed until next Tuesday-great for us today, but we will be hating it come Tuesday.

Allison will be attending horse camp next week. That will run Monday thru Friday from 8:30am-12:30pm. It is going to be hot..........I hope she enjoys it. On Friday, immediately after Allison finishes her horse camp, we will be loading up in the car with Jane and her girls to make the 13 hour long drive to dad's in Alabama. This is always a hoot and a half ;-) Saturday the 20th is a family reunion with my mom's side of the family. Sunday will be father's day, so it will be nice to get to spend it with Dad. We will stay in Alabama until Thursday I believe, then it will be back in the car for another 13 hour trip, wooohooo! Nice to be home for a visit, but I so hate the drive.

Sooo, we are just trying to enjoy this week hanging out around the house before we have to get busy again. Hope everyone is having a great summer so far too.

No comments:

Post a Comment