Saturday, June 27, 2009

Horse Camp

I am going a little out of order here. I got behind with some pictures and ended up posting pics from our trip home to Alabama before I posted the pictures from Allison's horse camp. Allison was in horse camp the week of June 15th-June19th from 8:30am-12:30pm. She got to have lots of hands on horse stuff, including cleaning out the stalls! She really seemed to enjoy it and is willing to do just about anything to get to ride a horse. Friday was the "show" where the parents came and the campers rode their horses in the ring without assistance. Allison did great, and she was so excited that she completed the course without any mistakes.

The only bad thing about the camp was that it was held at the barn where Rachel does her horseback riding during the school year. The first day I took Allison and dropped her off, Rachel did not know what to do. As I was putting her back in the car, she started saying stop. As I pulled away from the barn, she started yelling stop! She did that for a couple of minutes. Fortunately, she realized quickly that this was going to be Allison's week and didn't mind not getting to ride the rest of the week.
The kids got to paint their horses for the show. Allison's horse had pink hoofs too. Here Allison enters the ring. I could tell she was nervous, but she did great.

One last picture of Allison and Soda Pop before the show.

1 comment:

  1. Knock 'em dead Girly !!! I think you look fantastic out there. And Soda Pop looks like a wonderful horsy partner. Congrats, Allison !
    xo
    Aunt Rose

    ReplyDelete