Monday, February 23, 2009

A Little Silliness In An Otherwise Busy Week

This afternoon, Allison got the camra and started snapping some pictures. Below are a few of them. It is always fun to see the pictures they come up with.




We have a busy week this week. Today started out with volunteering for Allison's class. After that I ran home and did a few tings around the house and ate lunch. Then it was off to pick up Rachel from school. From there, we went to a nearby park and met up with Rachel's physical therapist for an hour long session (I was so happy I did not forget the session this time). Rachel cooperated pretty well today, thank goodness. We worked some on trying to get her to peddle her bike, and I think the therapist and I got much more of a workout than Rachel did.......oh, my glutes!! It is actually really hard to walk bent over and push little feet around on peddles. Tonight at 7:00pm I a supposed to go to a Town Meeting regarding the budget cuts the state is planning on making in the area of education. They are predicting that they will be laying off a couple of hundred of teachers!! If what they are saying in the paper is true, we could be having some very difficult years ahead of us in the school system. What a great time for Rachel to be headed of to kindergarten!! I can see the district employees laughing in my face when I request an aide for Rachel in a mainstream classroom.

Rachel and I got home from the park this afternoon just in time to take off our shoes, pour the sand out of them all over the couch, and vacuum the couch before the big girls got home. Everyone snacked and completed their homework, and the girls are now vegging out in front of the TVs....yes, plural. Allison and Leah are upstairs watching something and Rachel is downstairs watching one of her movies. I hate to say it, but it sure is nice to have them occupied for a little bit. I should be washing clothes, but I have not had any time to get started on that today, and I don't want to start it now and be up late trying to get everything dried. I am not going to have time to do it tomorrow either, but will have to start late anyway, because the dirty clothes are really starting to pile up.

Tomorrow, I am supposed to be in two places at once. Rachel has a field trip to the zoo, and it is my day to volunteer in Leah's room. I am still not quite sure how I am going to work that one out. I am going to have to talk with the teachers in the morning and see what works best. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. I have known for a while that these two things conflicted, but never got around to remembering to do anything about it. Speaking of procrastinating.....I have to go tomorrow and buy the girls some soccer equipment. Their soccer season starts......you guessed it, tomorrow! We are supposed to be at the field at 5:15pm, I think. I have been given three different schedules at this point. 5:15pm was the last time given, but who knows if that time has not been changed AGAIN. Allison will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Leah will practice on Wednesdays. Fortunately, the field is not too far away, and the season only last for about two months. This is just a recreational league, so there will not be games on Saturdays, THANK GOODNESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment