Monday, November 23, 2009

Another Year Older

Today I turn 46!!!! My younger sister proceeded to remind me that I am now on the slippery slide to 50.......thanks, Jane! I am celebrating a birthday my mother never got to celebrate. I realized a few months ago that I was finally older than Mom lived to be, but it is now official. She never made it to 46. It is a strange feeling to be older than you ever knew your mother to be.

So far I have spent my day outside. First, I had to go to school and spray paint pineapples. Yes, pineapples. Leah's class will be doing a craft tomorrow at their Thanksgiving party that involves gold pineapples. Fortunately, that did not take too long, and I got back home and did some yard work. I had been working on the flower beds for the last two weekends pulling out some ornamental grass that was taking over and planting some small shrubs in its place. Well, two trips to Home Depot and 27 bags of mulch later, I can pretty much say I am done. There are just a few more little things I want to do. Below are some before and after pictures of the front walk.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! The front walk looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine your birthday today is somewhat bitter sweet with the memory of your mom. I hope you have a very Happy Birthday and great day! BTW--Your flower beds look great as does your home.

    ReplyDelete