Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Change of Plans

Wow, what a busy last couple of days!! It seems we have been going since Friday. Friday morning I spent all morning running errands-I had to go pick up some Sunday school materials from the regular Sunday school teacher, because she was going to be out of town, and I had to teach in her place on Sunday; I went to the library to get some books for a project that Allison needs to get started on (notice I say needs to get started on); I ran home and did some things around the house; I ran and picked up Rachel from school and met the physical therapist at a nearby park for her to work with Rachel. (I was impressed that not only did I remember to show up for the appointment, but I also remembered to take the tricycle for Rachel to practice riding.)

Saturday we went to Rachel's horseback riding session, raced home and ate lunch and headed to the girls' school for their Fall Festival. I had to work there from 12:30pm-4:00pm. It was a beautiful day and the girls had a good time running around the school playing the games and jumping on the inflatables. We were all tired Saturday night. Allison had a friend that was going to spend the night, but she started feeling bad shortly after we got home from the festival, so she went home around 7:00pm. We all crashed early.

Sunday I got up early to prep for the class I had to teach-nothing like waiting until the last minute, but I was just too tired to do it Saturday night. After Sunday school, we raced home and fed the girls so that they could go to an ice skating party. Fortunately, Mike was able to take Allison and Leah to that, so that I could go to the grocery store. Rachel and I headed to the store and bought all the Thanksgiving fixins'. Sunday evening we had some cake to celebrate my birthday. It is scary how fast 50 is creeping up on me!!!

Monday I headed out to do so Christmas shopping. We just found out that Mike's company is going into the layoff and pay cut mode this month, so I was really looking around for some bargains! The time just flies when your spending money, and before I knew it, it was time to go pick up Rachel. As soon as I got home from shopping and picking up Rachel, I had to straighten the house up because we had company coming from Texas for the evening. That was a short but nice visit, and they left after dinner. Tuesday morning I had to volunteer in Leah's class for a little while. It involves reading with the kids one-on-one, so it is lots of fun. After I got home from school, I started cleaning up around the house to get ready for the company on Thursday. That took all afternoon and of course I did not get close to finishing.

Today, I was planning on getting so more housework done and starting some baking for tomorrow, but last night around midnight Allison woke up and threw up. She and I were up most of the night, and she has been sick all day. She still has not kept anything down. I am hoping that this evening she will be able to at least get some fluids to stay down. Mike and I called everyone today and told them to cancel the plans for tomorrow. That means I won't see my sister over the holiday, but if everyone else stays well, maybe we can have a Thanksgiving dinner with Grandpa and Mary Jane some time over the weekend. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Enjoy the silly pictures below.

Hat day at school. You cannot see it in the picture, but Allison's hat has a sequin A on it. She thinks it is the cat's pajamas.
Just thought this looked funny and ran and grabbed the camera. Rachel loves to play in the tub.
The girls tell me this is Harry Potter. Who knew he was penguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment