Friday, November 7, 2008

Here Comes Another Weekend

Another week has slipped by. We were not too busy this week. I volunteered in Allison's class on Monday and Wednesday. Wednesday I was in and out in 10 minutes, but Monday I was there for about 2 1/2 hours working on something the teacher needed done immediately. Unfortunately, that was the day of our monthly get together for moms with children with Down Syndrome so I ended up having to miss that. I hated to miss that, because it is always nice to get together with the moms and chat. Next month, I am making the Down Syndrome breakfast my priority!

Tuesday, I went and cast my vote. I was pleasantly surprised to not have to wait in line at all. That was totally unexpected. I had left my whole morning open, and I went as soon as I could, after I got the kids to school, so that I could vote without the kids hanging on me. Rachel has no patience for standing around!

Wednesday and Thursday I tried to get some things done around the house. I am really trying to stay out of the stores and save up some money for Christmas. I cannot believe it is coming up so fast! The girls have started working on their lists for Santa!

This morning I remembered to take my camera to school when I dropped Rachel off. She has started asking to carry her backpack into and out of the school. I think it is so funny to see her carrying that backpack, because it is as big as she is!! Below you see her walking down the hall with her load!!

This weekend I hope to watch Alabama beat LSU! Roll Tide!!

Rachel heads to class with her HUGE backpack!
Rachel rides Gypsy last Saturday. We finally got a helmet that is small enough for her little head, so now she can see where she is going. Notice the stirrups. That is as short as they go and she still cannot reach them.
Just had to take a picture of the marigolds. I planted about six little plants almost two years ago. They have long since gone, but the flowers keep reseeding the area, and they are blooming like crazy!! I have three trees in the back yard and only planted the flowers around one of them, now I have a little rogue plant coming up in one of the beds around another tree. Here in Florida, annuals become perennials.

No comments:

Post a Comment