Friday, October 3, 2008

Back Into The Groove

Where does the time go? It seems that I just got home from Texas, but now the week is over. Well, Monday was used up traveling. I got to the airport in Dallas-Fort Worth at 2:00pm and arrived in Orlando at 12:30am. I got home about 2:00am. I slept in as late as I could Tuesday morning, but that was only til 6:30am. Boy, was I tired Tuesday. I felt like I did in the days of working the night shift!

I had to get back into the routine though, so I spent Tuesday changing beds, washing sheets, watering plants, and picking up the house. Mike and the girls actually had kept the house pretty straight while I was gone, thank goodness. Wednesday, I had to volunteer in Allison's classroom. It was fun, because I got a chance to work with the kids. It usually only involves cutting, copying, etc. for the teacher. After coming home from the school, I had to start washing clothes. Thursday, I had to go have a mammogram and dexa scan done. I learned that you get lots of free stuff if you get a mammogram done in October because it is breast cancer awareness month. The mammogram was a routine check up and the dexa scan was a follow up to the ones I had done a few years ago that showed I had decreased bone density. I am a terrible patient. Despite being at risk for osteoporosis, I have stopped taking the calcium supplements. Why? I have no idea.........I was doing good for several years and then just got out of the habit. I bought some supplements a few months ago, and told myself I was going to start taking them again. They are still sitting on my kitchen counter. I really need to get back into that habit. Anyway, the rest of Thursday was spent washing and folding clothes. Finally got all of that done Thursday evening. Today, Rachel stayed home from school. She had a bout of diarrhea last night, so I decided to keep her home. She has been fine today. Maybe just too much juice the last couple of days. Mike said he gave her juice everyday that I was gone, and I don't usually let her do that.

Tomorrow morning is Rachel's horse back riding session. She seems to be enjoying that. Throughout the week she will say, "horsey?" I guess she is asking when she will be going back to ride the horse. At least that is what I think she is saying. It would be terrible if she was begging me to never take her to see the horse again!! No, just kidding, she really gets excited on Saturday mornings when I tell her she is going to see the horse. After the horseback riding I need to get busy running some errands. My van is yelling at me to get the oil changed and I need to run by Target to pick up some prescriptions. I am already psyching myself up to walk in, pick up the meds, and walk out. I always get side tracked in there and spend money I did not need to spend. I am going to do my best to stay out of the "Target Zone."

No comments:

Post a Comment